May 18, 2008

Epic Music

Ride of the ValkyriesOne time my freshman year in college, I was playing a game of Age of Empires 2 (a real time strategy game) with a couple of my hallmates in my dorm. I was quick to build up my army and attached. Just as I did, I blasted Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" as loud as my speakers would allow me. The distant profanities from the would-be doctor down the hall were incredibly satisfying, to say the least.

"Ride of the Valkyries" is in the category of songs I like to call "epic music". You know, the music that makes any activity, no matter how exciting or mundane, significantly more awesome. I work out a little harder at the gym when AC/DC's "Back in Black" starts playing. Paperwork becomes a life or death dogfight at 15,000 feet when I'm listening to Kenny Loggin's "Danger Zone". Even doing taxes becomes somewhat bearable when "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" (the Kill Bill theme) comes around on the ol' iPod.

What say you? What are the songs you listen to when you need that little extra boost in your daily routine?

Please note, The Unwind has issued an epic music Public Service Announcement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For pure adreline rushes nothing gets me going more than the 'Fairly Odd Parents' theme. You just can't sit still with that on blaring...

Unknown said...

Well, according to ytmnd.com, "Ghost Love Score" by Nightwish is pretty epic.