Jun 25, 2008

The Unwind's Fitness Program

Picture not to scaleInspired by my friend's weight loss blog, I think if I am going to be serious about losing weight, I'm going to have to make it public domain. I don't plan on turning The Unwind into a weight loss blog, but weekly or bi-weekly updates (haven't decided yet) of my progress should be enough to keep a man honest about this.

I currently weigh 300 even. My goal is to lose 50 pounds. That is by no means where I want to stop, but it's an initial goal all the same. Here's the game plan:

  • 5-7 times a day week (thanks all for pointing out the error) using Wii Fit for about 15-20 minutes
  • 3 times a week going to the gym for a more rigorous workout. Minimum 30 minutes aerobics, 30 minutes weightlifting
  • Weekly WeightWatchers meetings, to help guide me to better food choices
  • Posting progress here to hold me accountable
One thing I've noticed about Wii Fit, is that I'm not sold on it as a weight loss product by itself. Don't get me wrong, some of the exercises I do with it I can feel the burn and I work up a sweat. But I see the real value in the daily tracking of your weight. When I track my weight daily, it almost makes me neurotic about it and makes me more aware of what I eat and when I exercise.

And that's a good thing.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Wii Fit 5 - 7 time a day??. Wow! You go man.

Anonymous said...

Hey what W.W. meeting/time are you going to? I go on mondays if you want some one to go with. ~Jules~