Jul 1, 2008

MENSA'D

While I've already told this to some of my friends, I felt that there were some other more pressing stories that took priority. As of this past weekend, I am now a card carrying member of Mensa.


According to Wikipedia (who almost always do a better job at explaining things than I do) Mensa is a high-IQ society whose only requirement for entry is that you demonstrate through certain standardized and monitored tests that you are within the top 2% IQ. Truth be told, I don't even know what my IQ is, but my recent GMAT scores (which I did really well in) qualified me.

Doing a little research, they have a list of famous Mensans. Most of them I hadn't heard of, but I was surprised to find a bunch of really cool people:

Also, since I've already gotten some ribbing from those close to me, I've come up with the following, preemptive responses to the typical friendly insults I've received so far:
  • How many geniuses does it take to do [task at hand]? More than we have, currently.
  • It doesn't take a genius to do [task at hand]! I agree, you do it.
  • So this makes you an official nerd now, right? You knew that before, what changed?
  • Nerd. Thanks!
  • YOU WERE ADOPTED! :*(
All in all, I'm excited to have become a member and can't wait to see what Mensa has to offer.

2 comments:

Gawain83 said...

it would take a genius to trick MENSA into letting you in. huh. well, there you go...

Dan said...

My favorite part is the expiration date on the Mensa card. Enjoy your IQ buddy! We'll just see how smart you are next year....