According to Wikipedia (who almost always do a better job at explaining things than I do) Mensa is a high-IQ society whose only requirement for entry is that you demonstrate through certain standardized and monitored tests that you are within the top 2% IQ. Truth be told, I don't even know what my IQ is, but my recent GMAT scores (which I did really well in) qualified me.
Doing a little research, they have a list of famous Mensans. Most of them I hadn't heard of, but I was surprised to find a bunch of really cool people:
- Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert
- Geena Davis, actress
- James Woods, actor
- Maurice Kanbar, inventor of Skyy Vodka
- Issac Asimov, author
- Scott Levy, professional wrestler "Raven"
- Asia Carrera, pornstar
- How many geniuses does it take to do [task at hand]? More than we have, currently.
- It doesn't take a genius to do [task at hand]! I agree, you do it.
- So this makes you an official nerd now, right? You knew that before, what changed?
- Nerd. Thanks!
- YOU WERE ADOPTED! :*(