Jul 30, 2008

Life without the internet - Day 1

While my vacation this weekend was awesome, I was overcome with nerd fury fairly upset to find my beloved laptop's monitor no longer works upon my return.

My laptop was essentially my one and only portal to the interwebs, and now I'm relegated to only using my work laptop for work-related things. Effectively, this means that I've been cut off from most of the plentiful bounty the internet has to offer. I'll call tech support tomorrow, most likely, but I fear that without my laptop the internet will soon become like a distant cousin I vaguely remember (you know, Whatshisface).

But, to make lemonade out of this lemon, I figure I can at least spend a few minutes a day making a journal of my internetless life. Today I spent an inordinate amount of time in "meatspace", or the real world to you n00bs.

Speaking of, I spent a lot of time figuring out where the hell my meatspace friends list was. Turns out, they haven't implemented that feature yet. I hope they get on that, they're waaaay behind the times.

Also, having spent a lot of time outdoors turned my pale skin red. Is that normal? I can't check WebMD, so I don't really know. I've also considered the possibility that I'm developing super powers, like chameleon-esque camouflage which would be totally rad. Again, I can't confirm this so I'll just have to see how this develops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life without the Internet sure does sound rough, especially for someone like...you.