Aug 6, 2009

Bomb has been planted (in your mind)

Counterstrike, for all intents and purposes, was the game that really introduced me to this whole "online gaming" thing. Sure, other games had gone online, and I understood how that was a good thing intellectually, but it wasn't until I got the thrill of pwning noobs and talking shit over voice chat did I really fall in love.

Better still, this was all done at my college (I was a late bloomer with the online gaming) with a tight community of players about 30 strong. It was cool to live this double life of student and awp whore elite tactical agent. Even cooler was when you and other members of this community, previously anonymous to one another, discovered one another about campus. Granted I took (and still take) an unoriginal handle, but "Oh shit, you're Baker?" was a question that started some fairly interesting conversations.

Suffice it to say, while I don't play it much anymore, Counterstrike still holds a very soft spot in my heart. So when my cousin turns to me this vacation and tells me there's "this Counterstrike frag video" I have to see, I gave it a look. Not since a particular TF2 video (hint: THE AWESOME ONE (hint hint: MASS AI (while (true)))) have I awed at a video this hard.

While I suspect some aimbotting was done to make the video - noone's THIS accurate in CS - the editing and music and sheer awesomeness of the video more than compensate. This one's turned up to 11.



ahhh, I love programming humor. If (user = "gets it"){Do (laugh);} else{break;}

2 comments:

EGTF said...

Inspired by this to play Counter Strike again. Found aiming wasn't as easy as this guy made appear, came last with 2 kills and 14 deaths. I thought I used to be good at this game?

Anonymous said...

I will immediately clutch your rss as I can
not find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.

Do you've any? Kindly let me realize in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

Feel free to visit my page: virtapay money exchange