Jul 29, 2009

MMOmg

Hey, do you like video games? Video games you can play online with people, as in massively multiplayer online games? Excellent! You've come to the right place!

But do you also like the movie Twilight? If so, get the hell out of here. Seriously, this blog isn't for you.

Twilight, for those not in the know, is a story about a vampire (Edward) who, over the course of a few books, ends up being strong-armed into an eternal marriage and a kid with some crazy chick (Bella). Sure, the book claims he was in love with her, but this dude has been around for over 100 years - he's probably had his pick of the litter for some time now... why would he give that up? And for Bella to be actively seeking out a supernatural race of people who like to feed on blood (you know, the stuff in her body) is just plain dumb. Darwin Award-worthy dumb.

If you want to know how I know all this, well I had to do some research on Edward not too long ago. It was also the time that I found out I could have an allergic reaction to a Wikipedia page.

Ok, so what's the point?

Well, rhetorical device, the point is someone's trying to put these two ideas together to form an unholy union that is the Twilight MMO. Finally, an MMO that will suck literally and figuratively.

It's still in the early stages of development, where I'm hoping sunlight will kill it. If you're interested in learning more, the game's website plays a first-soothing, later-irritating song in the background while you try and pick at the games' details. Maybe you level up at Hot Topic or something. I don't know. What I do know is that I threw up a little in my mouth when I was first alerted to this.

Tomorrow I'll be pitching other movies/tv shows that would make horrible MMOs but still would somehow be more fun than this.

No comments: